A guide to the Nature of Dorset, Dorset and nature!
There may be those amongst you visiting this site that know little about Dorset, you may be thinking of paying us a visit at some point soon. If so, my short guide to Dorset geology, top sites and top species may help you plan your visit.
There may be others amongst you who are curious about the Nature of Dorset website and want to know a bit about its background and how it came to be. If that is you then there is something for you here in this guide. It also contains some important information about certain aspects of the site and how to interpret the data given.
Finally, over the years I have led walks and given talks and I produced some notes for people participating to take away, so here in this guide I thought I would add them in so other might benefit from them to.
All in all, this is a guide to Dorset, the Nature of Dorset and to nature in general. I hope you find it interesting.
The gude has three parts:
Select the guide to Dorset if you:
- Want to know where Dorset is and an overview of its geology and wildlife
- Want to see my suggestions for the best places to visit for wildlife
- Want to see my suggestions for the best species to look out for in Dorset
Select the guide to this site if you:
- Want background informatoon about the website and how it came about
- Want to know how to get the best out of the wild flower identification tool
- Want to know how to interpret the species lists and distributions maps
Select the guide to nature for introoductory papers I have written on: