I have been writing my nature notes for some years now and publish them each day on my blog here (see Features) and on both Blogger and Facebook. They seem quite popular and I have a daily following of several hundred people. However, during the time of writing the notes the older ones 'disappear' as new ones arrive and so I am trying to give access to the older ones to both new followers who may have missed them and for regular followers who may wish to look back.
To achieve this I am grouping the notes I have written into common themes and publishing them as 'books'. You can read my books in three ways:
- On-line direct from this website and totally free of charge
- Download an Ebook to read (or print out) on your own computer/tablet/phone whenever you want
- Printed version in high quality, printed on-demand just for you to have and read or to refer to whenever you wish
Below are the 'books' I have assembled so far. Not all are available in Ebook or printed forms yet but I hope they will be in time. Click/tap on the image of any book for a list of the contents and then you will have the options to read on-line, download an Ebook or order a printed copy. You can, of course, do all three - read it on line, if you the want a copy of your own download the Ebook and then order a printed copy to keep!
In addition to being able to read the book on line you will find that for many books there is additional information available:
- View Species Gallery: provides a link to a gallery of photographs for each species featured in the book for comparative purposes, it may help with identification
- Nature of Dorset Records: provides details of the all species in the book and the places that I have seen them, it may help you find what you are looking for
- Other Resources: provides links to other web sites with information about the species covered in the book
I do hope you find these books useful and interesting!
Note: This section is under active development!